You often think you are what you are because that is what you deserve, that is how the circumstances have been. What you need to realize is that, it is your expectations that have allowed your circumstances to be less than what you deserve! The moment we have the right level of expectations, we begin to enjoy our journey toward success. Otherwise it’s all a blame game.
- You must have true belief in yourself. It is only human to feel low about yourself at times, but you have to listen to the little voice inside you that tells you that you will make it, and honour the truth inside you. Don’t let anyone, including yourself, convince you otherwise. Believe in yourself so strongly that the world has no choice but to believe in you too.
- Set achievable and realistic goals. There is no trying. Raise your standards. The world is already chasing far-fetched dreams that aren’t even theirs. You need to have a practical vision of ‘your’ goal, which is truly yours, not your parents’, or what would make you fit into the societal frame of ‘successful’.
- Would you set out on a major journey with no real idea of your destination? Have a vision board, create your big picture, break your goal into smaller targets, have a plan, set deadlines, and start working on them.
- Get social support. Demand the best work out of employees and contractors. Create positive beliefs among the doom and gloom.
- Drop the negatives. Demand positive people only. Mindset is more important.
- It is important for you to lend a patient ear. Taking note of others’ expectations and making appropriate adjustments accordingly, corrects the negative impression you left previously. Listening solves a lot of problems. After all entrepreneurship is about the satisfaction of customers.
Expectation is a strong belief that something will happen. People who have positive expectations are known as optimists. Optimists see the brighter side of life. Optimists make positive choices. Optimists demand the best, yet keep their expectations realistic. You can’t expect move the mountain, when you’ve not even touched a rock. Optimists are always grateful of what they have, and they surround themselves with things that inspire them to be better. Are you one of them? If not, change yourself – today. You have to be the kind that will dance even when the world keeps stepping on your fingers. “You don’t get what you want, you get what you expect.”