According to a report in New York Times, about 95% of the blogs fail, due to lack of traffic and improper exposure. So, what should you exactly do to avoid your blogs falling in the empty forest?
- Make sure you publish more articles on a regular basis instead of just 5 posts monthly. Increase your content frequency to 2 or more articles a week, and you’ll notice a significant increase in traffic to your blog.
- If possible, publish longer articles, with detailed content, because it has been discovered that Google and other search engines give preference to longer articles (about 2000 keywords, rather than just the shorter 600 words).
- Link your blog to an Email list and you can send an email to your readers every time there is a new blog and is a very powerful marketing tool to maintain constant contact.
- More recently bloggers are promoting a different sort of writing- Guest Blogs. This is one of the fastest ways of growing. You can ask them to write for you and share it on their social media, along with the link to you blogging site. Apart from that you can also start to write for other bloggers, who have a large number of followers already. People who like your content and writing will click on to your blog link that will be present in your bio at the bottom of your article.
- As mentioned above you can write for other bloggers, and also share your view points and options in the comment section of other blogs as well. The right comment on a highly authoritative blog can send you lots of traffic; identify the top blogs in your niche and start interacting and commenting on blogs on a regular basis.
- You can also interview owners and influencers of popular social media groups. These people are already linked to thousands of people across the globe, through Facebook and LinkedIn groups; you can further ask them to share the link of the article they have featured in.
- Develop a comprehensive social media marketing strategy. Make sure you are active on the major social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, and active post daily.
- Many top blogs and networks will allow you to republish your content on their site with credit back to you; most big blogs, including mega publications like Business Insider and Huffington Post, do it if they feel that your content is good enough.
- You can submit your content to other blogging communities, groups and popular forums.
- Post as many info-graphics as possible; picture draw attention.
If all this is still not working for you, you can always write about a controversial issue. Writing controversial posts, or attacking sacred cows in your niche, can be very powerful for generating traffic and boosting your exposure